W3C and OZeWAI training
- W3C Introduction to Accessibility, covers the W3C/WAI guidelines widely regarded as the international standard for Web accessibility, support materials to help understand and implement Web accessibility and resources created through international collaboration.
- W3C/WAI Course List. Digital Accessibility Education, Training, and Certification
- Ross Mullen’s Udemy course – Introduction to Web Accessibility WCAG 2.1
- Inclusive research operations workshops. OZeWAI.org partnering with ResearchOps.Community.
Please share any specific training dates and links directly to the OZeWAI forum’s Events and Meetups section.
Australian training providers
- AccessibilityOz – Training. An accessibility consultancy based in Australia and the United States. AccessibilityOz offers a range of accessibility services and products to organisations and Government departments around the world. They run many training sessions and seminars and have a range of resources.
- ADWebKey – Training. Core training modules are offered as a stand-alone training for both public attendance and for dedicated in-house training. They are also available as part of the ADWebKey Certificate in Digital Accessibility.
- Arts Access Victoria is at the forefront of innovative disability arts practice. They are uniquely positioned to provide access training and consultations to arts organisations. Their disability-led training programs will give you the skills and tools you need to increase access, inclusion and representation of Deaf and Disabled people across all areas of your work.
- Centre for Accessibility courses and workshops provides several popular workshops to up-skill your staff. The workshops are available as face-to-face or online via Zoom. The list includes the most popular topics which can also be customised to meet your needs.
- Centre for Inclusive Design – Training. CfID offers a range of workshops in different areas to enhance the possibility of creation.
- Intopia – Training. General public courses and workshops and customised courses for groups.
- TTC Global – Accessibility – Training. TTC’s suite of training supports teams, leaders, people in specific roles, and the broader organisation to increase their knowledge while practically building their skills
- Vision Australia – Training. Blindness and low vision services
Global and online courses
- AbilityNet – Training. Online training courses to help you build skills in accessibility and inclusive design, including a course for copywriters.
- Deque University offers training and on-demand reference materials for every level and every area of expertise in digital accessibility. Deque also offer a scholarship application for people with disabilities.
- DigitalA11y – Courses Roundup
- EASI Webinars is a non-profit organization, commited to the belief that students and professionals with disabilities have the same right to access information technology as everyone else. EASI delivers month-long, online courses about designing information systems that will facilitate institutions in achieving this exciting dream. Join the EASI E-mail Announcement Listserv to Keep UP on What’s Next!
- Microsoft Accessibility Fundamentals. Self-paced modules to make accessible documents and understand accessibility options in Microsoft products
- Level Access Community. Upskill with free introductory accessibility courses to make digital experiences better for everyone.
- TPGi ARC Tutor. Choose from a wide array of courses from an introduction to accessibility all the way through to deep-dive development techniques.
- Professional Certificate in Web Accessibility. This program aims to develop your understanding of web accessibility and the associated principles, benefits and relevant legislation, while also introducing you to the techniques required to develop, maintain and audit websites that are compliant with the W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG). Jointly conducted by World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) member, Media Access Australia, and the University of South Australia, the course is a fully-assessed, practical certificate for technical web professionals.
- International Association of Accessibility Professionals (IAAP). OZeWAI runs exam sessions as part of our in-person events. For remote exams, refer to the IAAP website for upcoming exam dates.