The how, why, what of accountability and governance of Accessibility for government departments and agencies
What is the problem we’re trying to solve?
The Australian Government has many standards for accessibility in place for building or buying digital services and products but no accountability to check this is happening.
- How to ensure People with Disability are not experiencing barriers in working with or in Government
- How might we create a dignified experience for People with Disability
- 17 August 5.30-7pm – Canberra meetup
- 18 August 11.30-1pm – OZeWAI lunchtime session
What to expect for each 1.5-hour zoom session.
- We will be recording sessions for note-taking purposes.
- Please complete the pre-workshop questionnaire if you haven’t already.
- If you wish to try out the EasyRetro.io board we have set up a test board.
17:30 – Acknowledgement of Country and Introductions (Bri Norton)
17:40 – Setting the scene: What is the purpose of today?
- AND Taskforce (Matt Hawkins)
- NSW Govt. (Greg Alchin)
17:50 – Exploring opportunities to understand more about why we would need accountability and governance of accessibility
- Establish a shared purpose/goal (EasyRetro board)
- Who needs to be involved?
- How do we define and measure success?
18:20 – Break
18:30 – Framing the opportunities:
- Design questions activity – Generate ‘How might we’ questions
18:45 – Wrap up and next steps
- Epics / user stories that need to be met with this service
- Options for logic mapping/journey mapping
19:00 – Close