The 2016 OZeWAI Conference was held at the Department of Education and Training’s 50MC Theatre in Canberra from Monday 28 to Wednesday 30 November 2016
Subscribe to the mailing list for the latest program news.
Select presentations delivered at the conference were live streamed and some were recorded, as referenced in the Conference Program, thank you to eScribe for the captioning and transcribing services and Viostream for hosting the videos
You can also view the photos taken over the 3 days (photo credit: Monique Norton).
OZeWAI is the Australian Web Accessibility Initiative, which is a strong and established group of members and is proud to provide a valuable source of information on accessibility issues and ideas to the broader community. The OZeWAI conference brings together the most knowledgeable digital accessibility experts, specialists and researchers from all over the world, as well as leaders in the industry, government and non-profit organisations to explore and support digital inclusion topics and ideas.
This conference provides three full days of technical, research and panel sessions, presentations and practical workshops on cutting edge issues related to WCAG, WAI and online digital accessibility. There are also many opportunities for networking and socialising with key speakers, panel members and attendees.
Thank you to our 2016 Sponsors
- Media Access Australia
- Digital Accessibility Centre
- Vision Australia
- Adelphi Digital
- Web Key IT
- Department of Education and Training
- eScribe Transcription Services
- AI Media
Here's what one participant said after a recent OZeWAI conference:
"It has been a great conference when:
- You feel like you have turned 360 degrees in the wind
- You travel home with a smile on your face
- You can't stop thinking about fantastic people that you have met
- You think about catching up with those people again
- You can't wait to try out what you have learnt
- Being a nerd, you try what you have learnt straight away (I love the Jamaican accent in NVDA)
- The future seems closer and yet further away at the same time
That describes some of my feelings after this year's OZeWAI conference."
Registration includes all tea, coffee, lunch for each day booked (and dinner for day 1 and 2). Register online now with Eventbrite.
Venue: 50MC Theatre
To facilitate direct access for attendees to the event please use the Theatre Side Door (rather than the main entrance), this side door is located on Marcus Clarke Street directly opposite the childcare centre.
Accommodation in Canberra
There are many nearby accommodation options, some are walking distance and others are a short drive or bus ride away:
There is paid street parking available around the city centre and pay stations can be found in the following locations:
- · 121 Marcus Clarke St accessed from Childers St,
- · City West Carpark on Allsop St, and
- in front of Lena Karmel University lodge on Marcus Clarke St.
Keep in touch and up to date on all the conference news
For up-to-date information about activities including the conferences, please join the OZeWAI mailing list. This list is used for announcements only. The names and addresses of those on the list are not available for any purposes other than OZeWAI information and postings.